DAVIESS COUNTY FISH AND GAME ASSOCIATION
1. All campers must register with the caretakers upon arrival and sign out upon removing the camping unit (tent, camping trailer, motor home, etc.) from the farm. Check in day counts as the first day you camp. Check out day does not count as one of the 14 camping days. Check in is between 8:00am-7:00pm only. Check out time is 8:00 am-3:00pm. No camping unit is to be removed between the hours of 10:00 pm and 8:00am. All campers should receive a copy of these rules. All camping fees are due and payable at the time you check out.
2. Any camping unit may camp on the farm for not more than fourteen (14 consecutive nights. After fourteen (14) nights, the unit must leave the farm for a period of five (5) consecutive days before returning.
3. Any portion of the fourteen-night period (i.e 1-14 nights) shall constitute a full fourteen (14) nights. The unit must be removed from the farm for a period of five (5) consecutive days. Members may not camp during that five day period, but may continue to use other facilities (fishing, swimming, rifle range, ect..) The club requires that camping unit not be left unattended by its owner for a period of more than 48 hours. You are required to at least check on your unit during that time period.
4. All CAMPERS must clean their campsites before leaving. You are required to take all trash out of the trash cans and take to the dumpsters located by the gate/dam when you check out. DO NOT LEAVE ANY TRASH AT YOUR CAMPSITES ( IN THE TRASHCANS OR FIRE RINGS FOR THE CARETAKERS TO PICK UP) IF LEFT BEHIND YOU WILL BE CHARGED A FEE THE NEXT TIME YOU CAMP.
5. No camping unit may be parked in such a manner as to block other units from using that same area. A camping unit cannot occupy two camping sites. Remember a lot of our sites are more than a 1 unit site. Example being A section sites 3 & 4 (top left side of hill). Please back your camping unit in to the farthest site so that another camper can occupy that front site. Be respectful of your camping neighbors.
6. A camping member using a space where water and electricity are available shall pay a fee of $9.00 per night for the full period of time that camping unit is occupying that site. (this fee increase is due to Kenergy’s increase.)
7. All campers, tents ( or anyone occupying a campsite in the primitive area) must pay $4.00 per night and abide by all camping rules.
8. As of July 14, 2016 NO MEMBER MAY STAY OVER THE FOURTEEN (14) NIGHT PERIOD.
9. All campfires must be contained in a fire ring and not allowed to burn anything that has nails in it.
10. You are allowed to use the dump station only if you have camped on Daviess County Fish and Game property. If you have camped elsewhere you can’t bring in your unit or portable dump container and dump at our dump station. This is only to be used while staying with us or when you leave.
11. If you have camped in Section D, sites 1 thru 7 ( also known as the front row) on a holiday weekend this year, you are not allowed to camp another holiday weekend in those sites mentioned about for this calendar year. You are free to camp there any off weekend if you have previously camped there just not those holiday weekends. Holiday weekends are Memorial Weekend, July 4th, Labor day and Halloween. This will roll over at the beginning of camping season every year.
12. No campers are allowed to be parked on the road coming into Daviess County Fish and Game property at any time. Please refer to rule #14.
13. If you piggyback camp from a member or campsite, you must be checked in for that site, must stay in that camp site and are to pay for your nights of camping, same rules apply for the 14 day period. You are not to run extension cords from other sites or across the road when piggyback camping.
14. Effective January 19, 2017, all campsites will now have a post at the front section of each campsite with all sites included on that post. Each campsite will be labeled by that campsite number. There will be a tag for each campsite. The tags will let you know when that member is due to checkout. The day before you would typically bring in your camper. You may come in without your camper and choose your tag at 10am. Sign up list will be posted on tag station at 8am, you can’t sign up before that time, and pull your tag at 10am. You will only be allowed to choose your tag not another members. They have to pick up their own. You will then take your tag to the caretakers and check in, pay your first nights camping, they will fill out that tag for you to place back on the board to reserve that camping site. No more tags will be placed on campers. You will have exactly 24 hours to bring in your camper. If you don’t bring in your camper during those 24 hours, you will lose the deposit for your first nights camping and the site will become available for another member.
15. Once you are checked into a camp site, you are not allowed to move to another site if one should come available for any reason.
16. Effective immediately, if a relative is camping on a site, you must wait 24 hours before you can pull a tag from that site the relative was staying in. You are not allowed to put a tent up and then have a relative pull a tag right after checkout, that is considered saving a spot. If you are caught doing this, you will lose your membership!
CAMPING RULES REVISED AUGUST 11, 2018